Thursday, May 18, 2006

Joseph Harker - What a Cock!


I am all in favour of a free press, what dedicated freedoms campaigner wouldn’t be? However could we have a ban on the Guardian along the same lines as the protests outside parliament please? Aside from Polly Toynbee’s constant undying love for Gordon Brown, we now have Joseph Harker’s view that there is no difference between patriots and racists. What a cock! In response to this I’m going to respond to his individual points. I make no apology for including the word twat!

“Is it just me, or is anyone else slightly worried about the number of St George's flags flying from road vehicles right now?”

No Joe, it’s just you and the rest of your chattering class Guardianista pussies that are ashamed of anything English.

“the big story of the election was the rise of the British National party, which gained 28 seats, nearly 20 in London alone. Could it be that many of the England flag-wavers are in fact supporters of this racist party, glorying in their "victory" and celebrating their racial pride?”

What the hell planet are you on? Could it possibly have entered his feeble mind that they might be supporting a football team? The French fly their flag, the Germans fly their flag. Hell even the Palestinians fly flags when they’re not burning them… are they all racists? Twat!

“Until the "Three Lions" Euro 96 football tournament hosted in this country, the only place the cross of St George was normally seen was at far-right political rallies.”

Firstly it is only because of these chattering classes looking for something to bear their guilt at not being an oppressed minority that the flag got hijacked by the Far Right, and secondly, much as I’m not a football fan I have to say hats off to them for reclaiming the national identity from the racists. I’ll note he didn’t come out with this sort of bollocks when we were flag flying the Rugby World Cup.

“This is the start of a potentially very dangerous path. Once people feel free to espouse these views publicly, talk to TV reporters, call up radio phone-ins, we risk reinforcing and spreading the bigotry.”

God help us if open debate were to strike the country instead of the “I’m right” attitude of these cappuccino drinking pussies that can’t go 5 minutes without being offended by something. Grow up! There are only 2 good reasons for silencing the BNP and even they are scary, 1 – they’re right and you can’t handle that, or 2 – you think the electorate are too stupid to make their own mind.

“every time I saw shots of the West Ham fans at last Saturday's FA Cup final I couldn't help thinking: are you from Dagenham; did you vote BNP? “

Shall we ask Iain Dale? after all he was there. What does it matter what people vote? Did he vote Labour? Did he vote Respect? Perhaps he should get a life and enjoy the game. Apparently he has been seeing flags being flown since before the end of the season yet I’m not seeing a massive increase in racial attacks, I see instead an increase in England shirt sales…. I wonder why.


He ends his article with the words “is it just me?” – yes it is. Twat!

UPDATE: It would appear that the Comments section on that article has erupted with people who agree with me. I never thought Guardian types would be on my side but there you go.

No comments: