Monday, September 04, 2006

Shocked But Not Entirely Surprised


I'll miss him

The late Steve Irwin was one of the world’s great characters. True we all thought he was insane (although were he British he would have been eccentric) but mad as biscuits as he may have been his crowning achievement was that he made conservation and learning about wildlife interesting. He spent his life and gave his life in pursuit of the environment.

I’ll confess I was shocked when I saw the news this morning, but not entirely surprised. As DK has put it this morning ... live by the sword, die by a stingray barb in the chest.

I for one will miss him. Many people have satirised Steve Irwin’s exploits, I think those done by Irregular Webcomic provide both
humour and fitting tribute. Read the whole series.

No comments: